A guessing game

I know what these are. Do you?

Never poisonous and good when fried in butter, or so I’m told. I really didn’t care for the taste.

Have you ever eaten one? Would you again?

If you can’t guess. These are puffball mushrooms.

Here’s what Google said: Only young, immature puffballs are edible. The interior tissue must be soft; bread-like, and uniformly white. Once the flesh changes color and/or becomes mushy, spores are present. The mushroom is past its prime, is no longer edible, and can cause digestive problems.

So don’t go willy-nilly eating puffballs.

Until next time, that’s all there is from Sunnybook Farm.

Copyright 2022 Susan Manzke, all rights reserved.